What to Do When Things Aren’t Right

What To Do When Things Aren’t Right

If you have a concern, your should be to try and take care of it at the lowest level possible! That means having a conversation where you raise your concern. You can bring anyone with you (including your site rep, or someone from Grievance or Exec Board) with you for this conversation. The conversation should be summarized in a follow up email sent to all parties. In the rare case that this isn’t possible, someone else can have this conversation on your behalf, allowing you to be anonymous. If you are unable to resolve things at this informal level, then your next step depends on the concern.

Member Concern: Do you have a concern that isn’t covered by the contract? ​Fill out this form, to alert SRTA to your issue.

Grievance: A grievance is used when it is believed that the contract has not been honored.

Williams Complaint: If you have a concern about student learning conditions including safety or materials this is the form to use.

OSHA Complaint: The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 gives employees and their representatives the right to file a complaint and request an OSHA inspection of their workplace if they believe there is a serious hazard or their employer is not following OSHA standards.

SRCS Complaints: District Complaint Handbook and Uniform Complaints allow you to file a complaint with the district about many topics.SRCS Complaint Handbook and Uniform Complaints

Ed Code Violation: Violations of the California State Ed Code should be recorded on a concern form for referral to a CTA lawyer for follow up.